Living In Annapolis, Maryland
|The State House in Annapolis, Maryland, as seen from the top deck of the Noah Hillman Parking Garage in downtown Annapolis. Maryland's State House is the oldest state capitol still in continuous legislative use; construction began in 1772.
- Quiet Waters Park Virtual Explorer - uses Google Earth to display an extensive set of map annotations for Quiet Waters Park, an Anne Arundel County Park located in Annapolis, Maryland. The map annotations show the locations of more than 200 points of interest (each with a photograph), plus all the paved and unpaved trails within the park.
- Helen Avalynne Tawes Garden - "Maryland In Miniature", the Tawes Garden is a large state-maintained garden located within a complex of government office buildings in Annapolis, Maryland. Read about it and see lots of pictures from my visit in early October, 2006.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge Walk - On one day every springtime, the Maryland Transportation Authority diverts traffic from one span of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and allows walkers to stroll across the bridge and enjoy the view. See pictures from the 2006 Bay Bridge Walk, which also included restarting the Volvo Ocean Race just south of the Bay Bridge.
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center Open House - On Saturday, May 13, 2006, the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (SERC) held its annual Open House. Visit this page to see some of my pictures of the exhibits and activities.
- Disc Dog Contest - See pictures of the Hyperflite Skyhoundz Northeast Regional Disc Dog Contest, held on Saturday, June 24, 2006, at Griscom Field in Annapolis.
Show Your Support
If you've enjoyed reading these web pages, perhaps you'd consider making a small donation to help maintain this site. Every little bit helps—even 75 cents or a dollar would be much appreciated. Donations are handled quickly and securely by PayPal, and you don't need a PayPal account. To proceed, click on the PayPal Donate button and fill in the amount you'd like to donate.
Thank you for your support.
- John Santic