John Santic's Map Page
|A screen shot of Quiet Waters Park Virtual Explorer, a map that I made based on Google Earth.
||A screen shot of a track map that I made of an ocean voyage, based on Google Earth.|
- Quiet Waters Park Virtual Explorer - uses Google Earth to display an extensive set of map annotations for Quiet Waters Park, an Anne Arundel County Park located in Annapolis, Maryland. The map annotations show the locations of more than 200 points of interest (each with a photograph), plus all the paved and unpaved trails within the park.
- How To Make A Trail Map Using Google Earth - visit this page to read an article with tips and notes about do-it-yourself computerized mapmaking, with sections on what you need, capturing the raw data, and making the map.
- How To Make A Track Map Using Google Earth - visit this page to read an article about making a track map of an ocean voyage using Google Earth.
- Google Earth - all about Google Earth, plus a link to download the application
- Google Maps - road maps, trip routing, traffic information, satellite/aerial views, etc.
- Google "My Maps" - maps that I've created on Google Maps
- Google Topographic Maps - topographic street map of the U.S., from Google
- TerraServer - topgraphic map viewer plus satellite/aerial photography
- Free Downloadable Digital Topographic Maps - free topo maps plus a really neat PDF map viewer, from U.S.G.S.
- The National Map - an elaborate multilayer U.S. map from the U.S. Geological Survey
- The National Atlas - another multilayer U.S. map from the U.S. Geological Survey
- Maps, Imagery, Publications - available from the U.S. Geological Survey
- National Geodetic Survey - top-level site of the government's official surveyors
- NOAA Online Chart Viewer - to view nautical charts of the U.S.
- NOAA Nautical Charts - top-level site for NOAA nautical charts
- NOAA Booklet Charts - free downloadable charts in PDF format, from NOAA
- Distance and Bearing Calculators - for rhumb line and great circle, from the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency - top-level site of available products
- American Practical Navigator - a very comprehensive handbook of navigation (downloadable from nga.mil)
- Free Online Aeronautical Chart Viewer - from SkyVector
- Navigation Formulas - mostly aviation related, but some general purpose
- GPS Tutorial - an easy-to-understand explanation of how GPS works, from Trimble
- GPS Tutorial - more information and explanations, from Garmin
- GPS Information - list of many topics about GPS, from the U.S. Coast Guard
- GPS Operations Center Documentation - information about GPS from the U.S.A.F. Space Command
- WAAS Information (Wide Area Augmentation System) - improves GPS accuracy, information from the FAA
- Garmin - GPS receivers and navigation systems
- Magellan - GPS receivers
- Lowrance - GPS receivers
- DeLorme - maps, GPS receivers, GIS tools
- Pharos - GPS navigation systems
- GPS Visualizer - online application that makes maps from your GPS data
- Perry-Castañeda Map Collection - numerous online maps that are in the public domain
Show Your Support
If you've enjoyed reading these web pages, perhaps you'd consider making a small donation to help maintain this site. Every little bit helps—even 75 cents or a dollar would be much appreciated. Donations are handled quickly and securely by PayPal, and you don't need a PayPal account. To proceed, click on the PayPal Donate button and fill in the amount you'd like to donate.
Thank you for your support.
- John Santic